- May 2021 Webinars: Learn About YSP & Strengths-Based Research
April 19, 2021
2022 Young Scholars Program LOI Webinar: A Review of the Process Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Register here.
- 2022 Young Scholars Program Call for Proposals
April 13, 2021
The Foundation for Child Development is currently accepting proposals for its 2022 Young Scholars Program (YSP). YSP supports scholarship for early-career researchers.
- Equity is Advanced When Principles for High-Quality Early Learning are Developmentally Appropriate, Culturally Relevant, and Linguistically Responsive
November 10, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action New York, NY (November 10, 2020) — New research from The City College of New York (CUNY) and Teachers College at Columbia University illustrates seven principles of practice that offer an expanded definition for “high-quality early learning.” They recognize the promise and possibility of children’s lives, ensuring that the lived experiences of those who have historically been underserved and the growing numbers of multilingual children and children of color in our country are represented in their learning environments.
- First Large-Scale Study Finds Child Care, Coupled with Infection Mitigation Efforts, is Not Associated With Spread of COVID-19
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action NEW HAVEN, CT (October 14, 2020) -- Amidst ongoing debates over the safety of schools and child care, researchers at Yale University collaborated with Child Care Aware of America to conduct the first-ever large-scale assessment of the risk of working in child care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Essential Family Child Care Industry Revealed in New Research From Erikson Institute
November 2, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action Chicago, IL, October 29, 2020 — Erikson Institute has released a new report from its Herr Research Center: Family Child Care Providers: Unsung Heroes in the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Children of Immigrants Webinar Series
October 19, 2020
Children of Immigrants Webinar Series II (2019) In 2017, the Foundation for Child Development’s Young Scholars Program (YSP) launched its inaugural Children of Immigrants Webinar Series, a three-part webinar series highlighting issues related to children of immigrant families/immigrant children, presented by former YSP grantees.
- Early Educator Investment Collaborative Awards Grants in Response to COVID-19
October 5, 2020
Foundation for Child Development Grants in Action The Early Educator Investment Collaborative recently announced $660,000 in awards the Child Care Relief campaign, Raising Child Care Fund, Urban Institute, and Yale University’s Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy.
- Essential Equity Statements and Resources for Racial, Economic, and Social Justice
September 15, 2020
The early care and education (ECE) workforce plays a critical role in promoting children’s learning — especially through their interactions with children and through the enriching and nurturing learning environments they shape.