- Chaos for Dual Language Learners: An Examination of State Policies for Exiting Children from Language Services in the PreK-3rd Grades
October 6, 2014
Chaos for Dual-Language Learners: An Examination of State Policies for Exiting Children from Language Services in the PreK-3rd Grades from the New America Foundation scans the policies in all 50 states and DC to find out how states determined when to exit dual-language learners from services that help them learn English.
- Making the Hours Count: Exposing Disparities in Early Education by Retiring Half-Day vs. Full-Day Labels
September 9, 2014
Making the Hours Count: Exposing Disparities in Early Education by Retiring Half-Day vs. Full-Day Labels highlights the differences in how time is measured and the lack of data available to accurately determine the length of the school day across states and districts.
- Investing in Our Future: The Evidence Base on Preschool
October 11, 2013
For the first time in a generation, national legislation on publicly-funded preschool education is the focus of prominent debate.
- Foundation for Child Development Case Studies
November 29, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development commissions case studies that offer a first-hand account of ground-breaking policy development and practice.
- Many Missing Pieces: The Difficult Task of Linking Early Childhood Data and School-Based Data Systems
October 6, 2010
The brief, Many Missing Pieces: The Difficult Task of Linking Early Childhood Data and School-Based Data Systems, urges states to take steps to gather and integrate information from the full array of early childhood programs such as Head Start, childcare, and a fuller range of social services.
- All Together Now: State Experiences in Using Community-Based Child Care to Provide Pre-Kindergarten
June 15, 2010
This Policy Brief from the Center for Law and Social Policy’s Child Care and Early Education Series finds that 29 states use a mixed-delivery method approach for pre-Kindergarten programs.
- Meeting Great Expectations: Integrating Early Education Program Standards in Child Care
June 14, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development’s Working Paper Series There is definite potential to improve the school readiness of young children by supporting increased program standards in child care.
- Child Care and Early Education Coordination in the States: A Statutory Overview
June 11, 2010
Governments of all levels have increased their involvement in early childhood services during the past several decades, and policymakers and administrators have implemented programs for young children from two general systems: child care and early education.