- Strong Early Learning Systems = Strong Young Readers: New Jersey’s Action Plan for Success
July 31, 2014
Earlier this year, New Jersey held its first PreK-3rd Summit in which a diverse group of early childhood leaders came together to identify the major barriers to developing an aligned and coordinated system of early learning (PreK-3rd). The group’s recommendations for PreK-3rd systems building are found in the latest report from the Advocates for Children of New Jersey, Strong Early Learning Systems = Strong Readers: New Jersey’s Action Plan for Success.
- PreK-3rd’s Lasting Architecture: Successfully Serving Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students in Union City, New Jersey
September 12, 2013
Union City Public Schools has overcome the crippling effects of poverty and prejudice to close the achievement gap between its low-income Hispanic students and their wealthier peers across New Jersey.
- Committed to Reform: Preschool Expansion Moves Forward Despite Financial Obstacles
March 31, 2011
For more than a decade New Jersey’s schools have served as a national model for providing high-quality early childhood education programs to thousands of low-income children, including an ambitious plan approved by the Legislature two years ago to reach even more 3- and 4-year-olds by September 2013.
- Linking Learning: Building Quality Kindergarten in New Jersey
December 7, 2010
ACNJ provides a snapshot of Kindergarten in New Jersey and provide policy recommendations for the state.
- Linking Learning: Congress Should Follow New Jersey’s Lead on Early Education
December 7, 2010
ACNJ makes the case that Congress should follow New Jersey’s example in early education.
- Foundation for Child Development Case Studies
November 29, 2010
The Foundation for Child Development commissions case studies that offer a first-hand account of ground-breaking policy development and practice.
- Building Strong Rungs To Build Sturdy Ladders: The Status of Preschool - 3rd Grade Systems in New Jersey
June 14, 2010
During the last ten years, New Jersey’s commitment to preschool (PK) has grown dramatically both in scope and quality.
- PK-3 at the State Level
June 8, 2010
Presentation by Ellen Frede at the Foundation for Child Development Annual Forum, PK-3: A Strategy to End the Need for Social Promotion and Improve Academic Achievement, October 7, 2004.